English speaking Dutchies

10-03-2014 21:26 467 berichten
Alle reacties Link kopieren
For Dutchies who live in England or in any other English speaking country and for people who just like to speak the language.

All welcome.

There's tea and biscuits. Fish and chips, scones and pasties.

So far there are no native speakers, so mistakes will happen.

More than often in my case

Enjoy!
quote:rozehanddoek schreef op 15 mei 2014 @ 10:29:

Do you actually know your delivery man? Ours just comes to the door, shoves the mail through the letterbox and leaves Yes I do, the delivery man comes with a huge white car. For a few years we had a regular one. A small Turkish man who was very afraid of dogs. I always watched him, so when he came out of the car he looked to the address where he knew there was a dog. He nearly became green, then he went slowly to the door put the package on the doorstep and ran away as hard as he could. He has another job I heard, but the deliveryman here comes mostly to your doors, they have because of the computer that registers if your package is delivered.
Wow, that's amazing. I don't recognise our mail man. Then again, I've only lived here for a couple of weeks. And we haven't had any packages during that period.

It's a lovely day today! Going out for a run in a minute and then take one of my books to the park. Would love to get tanned today!
Hiya, I'd love to join the group. I'm Dutch but live in Belfast for a little over 8 months now.
Always look on the bright side of life
Welcome, morganars! What brought you to Belfast?
I'd love to join too. I'm Belgian and I speak Dutch however when I think I seem to do it in English I also throw in a lot of English words and sentences when I'm speaking with friends
Thank you. I found the perfect job and Belfast came with the job. And I love it.
Does anybody know the British 'equivalent' for the Viva forum? Is there any UK forum that is comparable to Viva?

Cheers,

Beschuitje
Last week I fell with my rate in the prikkeldrate.
Morganars, sounds amazing. And you've lived there for 8 months, never feel home sick?

Beschuitje, I had a look as well, I have no idea. I could only find Cosmopolitan-like forums.

How's everyone else doing? I'm moving into my own apartment next week, pretty excited about that. And definitely looking into a job this week. I don't care what it is, I'm pretty desperate
Found any jobs yet?

I felt homesick for the first time last night - we were out with a group of friends and when we were going home I really really wanted to eat a kroket haha! No one understood what I meant. That's the only thing that I miss that people can't send to me. I've got enough stroopwafels from the AH to last 4 months though.

And today it's finally sunny! Woooohooo!
Not yet, unfortunately. Been in touch with three teaching agencies today though, so I'm hoping for a bit of luck soon

I know how you feel! I've got a load of salted liquorice and bags of napoleons. But I want "een patatje pinda en een frikandel speciaal"!

Sunny? Not where I live! Massive thunderstorms for the past couple of days. It's a bit better now, but this morning was horrific. Loads of rain...
Ah this was the first good day here! All the British people decided to go in shorts today.. It felt a bit awkward, walking around with a jacket, but after all it was only 19 degrees.

I hope you'll get a job soon! Do you like your new place?
Yeah, it's lovely. The land lord is basically fixing it up for me, so it'll look nice when I move in next week. Shopping trip to Ikea

It's actually quite warm over here now. Just popped down the shop and it was lovely.

Where do you live? I don't remember you telling us Or did I miss something?
Yaaay PinkTowel, you found a place? That's great!
I live in the south of England... Might have said it before but haven't been writing here for a long time. I hope your new place will be a real home to you soon! Just go to Ikea and buy lots of stuff to make it look nice and comfortable!
Well, at first I'm just going to buy the basics and then later on I'll get some proper nice stuff. Don't want to spend too much money, as I don't have a job yet.

You might have already told us, but I never remember which story belongs to which nick
Never felt homesick rozehanddoek. The only time I really missed my family and friends was on my birthday when I was just 3 weeks in Belfast. But other than that, I love Belfast it is definitely home for me.

Oh and congrats on your new place.

Dit is een oud topic. Het topic is daarom gesloten.
Maak een nieuw topic aan om verder praten over dit onderwerp.

Terug naar boven