English speaking Dutchies

10-03-2014 21:26 467 berichten
Alle reacties Link kopieren
For Dutchies who live in England or in any other English speaking country and for people who just like to speak the language.

All welcome.

There's tea and biscuits. Fish and chips, scones and pasties.

So far there are no native speakers, so mistakes will happen.

More than often in my case

Enjoy!
Wellhello, hope your little one feels better today.

Hot cross buns from M&S are my fav. Apple and cinnamon

I eat them with cheese, or salami. Scampman's face turns into this one: when he sees me eat it like that

I really really would love a meet.
Wellhello I'm sorry to hear that, I hope she will be better soon.

Sounds nice a meeting, but I don't live in the uk

What's a cross bun?
I'll pick you up from F, Elfje

Or we'll have a meet-holiday in the sun

A hot cross bun is like a krentenbol with a cross on top made out of flour and water.

Good idea scamp!

Ah ok, sounds yummie.
Woohoo she can come home tonight! So happy with that!

Haha, I also eat the hot cross buns with cheese, never tried the M&S ones, so that will come on my bucketlist

But when we meet, can we speak Dutch please or is that prohibited? I have no clue where you all live so it's difficult to say what should be the best location!
This is not kosher!
Yaaaaay Little WellHello can come home yaaaay!

Yes please, We'll be Dutchies in England speaking Dutch hehe

People will think we're tourists.

I think most of us live in the south of England, London area, except for me and Sorcha
Yeah good news!
That's really good news

Haha scamp I live no way near the London area , I live in the southwest about 4 hrs drive away from london

Is it sad that I only just now discovered the bottom half of the Smiley's
Yeah, bless her! Now waiting for them at home, she was so sick on thursday but already home tonight is amazing.

Oh Southwest tejita, near the coast? I don't mind trains and there are so many great connections here so we don't have to meet in the capitol.
This is not kosher!
I haven't posted for a couple of days, been terribly busy preparing my move. But if there's a meet, I'm coming too! I'll be an import-northener, London's about 3 hours by train, I think.
I actually am right now staring at the UK-map to see what's nearby for everyone, but this country is TOO BIG Or we end up in Swindon and I have no idea wheter that would be a succes
This is not kosher!
@rozehanddoek, succes with the (big?) move!
This is not kosher!
Yeah welhello I'm right on the coast , there is a trainstation here.

Glad she is home , I find the care for children here very good. Never had to wait to see the gp. But for adults it can be a different story I've heard.

Haha we'll have an adventure in Swindon , I agree the UK is way too big.

Good luck with moving rozehanddoek.

Trip to B&Q today. Wheather is weird at the moment , yesterday we ended up in a halestorm
PinkTowel , happy moving

You won't be far off from where I am then. I'm about 2,5 hrs from London.

London would be an amazing meeting place though
That must have been a shock Wellhello. Glad to hear she's home now.

Have been a bit busy lately. Spent this morning trying to get money back (see my other topic) but it's all sorted out now.

I'd be up for a meet, would be great fun! I could do London (or another place). Glasgow would be a bit of a hike, but other than that I'm pretty flexible
De maatschappij maakt jou echt niet gek, dat doe je zelf veel beter (bootje_op_de_golven)
Afternoon everyone

What a lovely sunny but chilly day.
Hi there! I was freezing this morning, cycling to work. But the way back this afternoon was okay. I can't wait for warm spring days!

Wellhello, good to read she's doing fine.

Rozehanddoek, good luck with your move!

I discovered something very important. Apparently, you can make something like clotted cream by mixing crême fraiche and mascarpone. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good. Whipped cream just does not do it.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm trying to figure out what to wear to my graduation this friday. I have a cute black dress, but it needs some sparkle.
What a nuanced anxiety
It was lovely! I went cycling with my mum today, which was great, and we had some drinks outside. Now just hanging on the couch with my dad.

Tomorrow I am flying back to the UK. It will be interesting to see how that goes, with all the security etc. around Schiphol! Most of the times I visit my parents drive me to the airport, but that is impossible now. So the train it is! I might go and buy a Swirl on Utrecht station. The London company, Snogg, that does something similar, uses frozen yoghurt, and that is just not the same as the real soft icecream!

I have indulged myself the last few days, multiple servings of carpaccio, bitterballen and kroketten. The stroopwafels, speculaar, chocoladevlokken and drop is ready to be exported to the UK, as are the packages to make quark pie (kwarktaart). My friends love that pie! I also bought a lovely pair of shoes. However, if you ever want to buy a pair of Clarks shoes, try and get them from the UK as they are around ¤20 cheaper per pair! The same pair I bought for 60 pounds in London were ¤90 here....

How are you Scamp, did you get to enjoy the weather?
Tyche, do you have some jewellery? Or could you e.g. borrow some jewellery from family, something that means something to you? Otherwise, maybe a nice cardigan over the black dress?
UCchick, I have some jewelry, but too small to really make a difference. The neckline of the dress is quite high, so I think a long necklace would be best. Or maybe just earrings. And I have my eye on a pair of red shoes.

Can you believe I don't own a cardigan? Hopefully it's warm enough to go without.

I totally forgot about Swirls! Another good thing about summer.
What a nuanced anxiety
quote:tejita schreef op 23 maart 2014 @ 08:29:

Wheather is weird at the moment , yesterday we ended up in a halestorm

That happened to me today!! Does that mean we will get good weather here tomorrow?

Sounds like you did some good shopping UCchick. I'm jealous of your dropjes!!
HEMA has some really nice cardigans for around ¤12, so that could be an option? I bought a red one there recently! Maybe they match with the shoes? And cardigan and shoes together then only require earrings as they can be the spark.

Have a great time on graduation day tyche , I would go for long necklace and nice earrings for the bit of spark.

Was there lots of security about on schiphol?
Do you ladies know Make that the cat wise? I love it. Here the latest Blog
Hi lovelies,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been a bit occupied.

Today I'm taking my MIL to hospital. She will have laser surgery on her eye.

I have to wait for her for about 3 hours

So I decided to visit my neighbour who is in a ward in the same hospital and I bought a crossword magazine

Can't wait to go to the HEMA UcChick, I'll stock up on some clothes and make up. haha

Elfje, I have the book of make that the cat wise. It's great

Tyche, a nice bracelet and some earrings usually do the trick.

Dit is een oud topic. Het topic is daarom gesloten.
Maak een nieuw topic aan om verder praten over dit onderwerp.

Terug naar boven