English speaking Dutchies

10-03-2014 21:26 467 berichten
Alle reacties Link kopieren
For Dutchies who live in England or in any other English speaking country and for people who just like to speak the language.

All welcome.

There's tea and biscuits. Fish and chips, scones and pasties.

So far there are no native speakers, so mistakes will happen.

More than often in my case

Enjoy!
Tyche, when is your graduation? I would treat myself on some nice jewellery

Scamp, good luck on your mil today.

I have a long shift at work today; from 2-10, sleep in and then from 7 till 3 tomorrow.

DD is doing better, but still very tired and cries a lot, this week we have to come back to the ward. My nerves haven't calmed down yet from what happened, so I feel stressed all day, bleghh.

Anyone seen the wheaterforecast? London, monday: 22 degrees!

This is not kosher!
How old is she welhello?

Good luck at work , I've got the day off today back in tomorrow doing 8 till 5 and then Sunday 5 till 10.

My car went in for its mot today, just got the verdict £232.98 OUCH

Good luck with the MIL !

Whether nice here too but not anywhere near 22 degrees !

That blog is funny
Thanks everyone for the tips. If I have time I'll try and find some jewelry. There is a sweet vintage shop here in town that has tons of beatiful earrings etc.

Wellhello, do you have time to relax this weekend? I think its perfectly normal for the adrenaline to linger a bit, but you should take a break if you can. Go for a picknick or something.
What a nuanced anxiety
Happy mother's day to all the English mums here and of course to the MIL 's.

Is it me or is this thread dying a bit or are we all too busy enjoying the nice wheather
Hi sweethearts,

Sorry, I've been busy.

No nice weather here, lots of fog that makes it quite chilly and damp.

I went for an eye test yesterday and I need glasses. For reading, driving, TV etc.

So... on Wednesday I'll go to town and pick a pair

WellHello, how is your little one?

@ everyone: What are your plans for this week?
you is all very dutchy engels en murica, kneusyes.
My teapot broke this morning. So I have only one cup of tea. I have to buy another teapot this afternoon. No tea in the morning is very bad.
I've had a very busy weekend, some friend came over and we had a great time. But it's nice to have the place to myself again (technically I'm sharing it, but I rarely see my housemates because they're nocturnal, and I'm not).
De maatschappij maakt jou echt niet gek, dat doe je zelf veel beter (bootje_op_de_golven)
Hi there!

Scamp, you're gonna love the world when you have glasses. No more blurry faces, so much detail everywhere!

Plans for this week: work. And enjoying the sun as often as possible.
What a nuanced anxiety
quote:duistercontinent schreef op 31 maart 2014 @ 11:37:

My teapot broke this morning. So I have only one cup of tea. I have to buy another teapot this afternoon. No tea in the morning is very bad. this is the most English post I have read until now! Talking about integration
I'm also still here, but a bit busy the last couple of days, so not much time left to be very social here. And tomorrow my laptop is going to the store for installing a different WIndows. I'm still using WindowsXP and Microsoft won't support that anymore as of next week. Buggers!

WellHello, hope your daughter is well again?

Haha Scamp, so you need glasses for everything. Wondering how you survived without untill now
A whole new world for you scamp, IC got new glasses yesterday they are pretty cool.

Easter holidays starting soon

Had busy 2 days at work , only 4 hrs tomorrow and then off for 10 days
I got some glasses at Boots. £25 with the lenses included. Good price hehe

Tejita, 10 days off sounds good. Any plans?

Slofje, I loved windows XP, hated everything else and nowwindows 8 is my new love

It's so easy to use!

Oh and the glasses.. my eyesight is really good but when I have to concentrate, for a long time,it all starts to blur up. I only have to wear them when reading or watching tv

Duister, poor teapot and poor you!

I have a Le Creuset teapot and when I dropped it, it bounced up and didn't break

I won't be that lucky next time surely!

I'm ill I've got the flu.
Hi everybody! I'm back! Have been very busy but now hanging in front of the tv watching Masterchef New Zealand. I considered tuning into the UKIP - Lib Dem debate on BBC on the EU but decided I couldn't be arsed.

Also just opened a topic on loosing weight/getting more active, so if any of you have any ideas they'd be appreciated

Scamp, that is a good deal! I got one of those 2 for 79 pounds deals at Specsavers last year, and took a pair of sunglasses - they are so lovely during summer! I also still have a very big supply of lenses which I should wear, but glasses are just so much more comfortable....

My boyfriend bought a new teapot this weekend. He broke the previous one. I trained him well, he bought the teapot to match our plates! Well, sort of. It matches the one odd plate and 2 odd bowls that have survived his student days. Sigh. I like the colour though.

I am currently on Windows 7 which is ok but I am looking forward to moving to 8 at some point! My laptop currently still works really well, despite it being 2,5 years old. And slow. So yes, I am saving up money to eventually replace it, though the question remains with what! This old beast was ¤400 at the time I bought it, so pretty happy with how it has performed thus far. Also, through work I was able to buy a cheap 9 pound package of Office 2013, which is amazing as well.

Scamp, sorry to hear you have the flu! I am worried I caught something from one of my colleagues - he was complaining about his kids being sick and sneezing earlier this week, and I am sneezing now as well... I think I will take a nice hot shower later. Although the sneezing might be because of the air pollution over London today, it was quite bad!

Tejita, where are you goingon holiday? I'll be in the Netherlands again this weekend for a swift visit, looking forward to it! Though no kroketten this time around I think....
Woooohooo I'm off never been happier to have some time off , work is crap at the moment.

Scamp that is a nice price for glasses think IC spent a bit more money than that. I hate being ill. Hope you feel better soon. My plans are to do absolutely nothing apart from fun things with the children. Its their last day at school today. Tomorrow I've got parent teacher meetings.

Ucchick , I'm staying here , normally I go to to NL during Easter holidays but not this year. Wow you have a lot of trips to the Netherlands! Have you had enough of the kroketten lol.

Have not read your topic but I think eating small portions more often does the trick although that can be hard working fulltime. I find swimming always very relaxing and you use all the muscles.

I don't even own a teapot I just keep boiling that kettle
Yes this month is a bit crazy, a lot of special occasions! I haven't planned a single trip yet after this one though... So maybe some kroketten "to learn it off"? Smaller portions - yeah. Sigh. I have been reasonably good today. Yoghurt, banana, apple, some nuts and soy bites. I won't discuss the three stroopwafels I found in my work locker. I have no clue where they went
quote:elfje26 schreef op 01 april 2014 @ 21:31:

[...]

this is the most English post I have read until now! Talking about integration Thank you

Well I ordered online a teapot, on Monday. And it is now Thursday and no sign yet. When I complained, they send my teapot to the wrong address. Hopefully tomorrow is the teapot nightmare over and I wont't kiss the guy who delivers the package.
Haha they went astray . My daughter loves them , they sell them in Morrison's.

Yes a kroket from the febo just to " learn it off"

Bad luck with your teapot then
@ tejita I am not so fond of kroketten. But did you tried the bitterballen?
quote:duistercontinent schreef op 03 april 2014 @ 19:27:

Oh yes they're great with lots off mustard

Have you kissed your delivery man yet
quote:duistercontinent schreef op 03 april 2014 @ 19:27:

Oh yes they're great with lots of mustard

Have you kissed your delivery man yet
Oh hello there, very quiet here.

Today I tried the hot cross buns from M&S, AMAZING! Two weeks to go before theyre gone...

We had a crazy week, we have to leave our appartment as it's going to be sold so we had to look out for a new place to live. Wich isn't easy inner L. area and not paying a fortune. But we found something, in the same area and I hope it will all work out the way we've planned.

Daughter is doing fine, but it's a bit boring not being able to go to playgroups and other places where she can play. She also suffers from lots pf side effects from her meds.

UCChick, would love kroketten and bitterballen, yummmmm! Good luck with losing weight, are you going to WW? They're very popular here Today I saw caramel waffles at M&S but I thought it wouldn't be the same as stroopwafels and I didn't want to dissapoint myself.

Tejita, why is your work crap at the moment? And when does the easter holiday finish?
This is not kosher!
Good to hear your d is getting better well hello ! Sounds pretty stressfull to move in such a short space of time.

Work is crap at the moment due to a recent change of department manager , she is not as good as he was! And a very good mate of mine has left and I really miss him in work.

My children go back the 23 rd , a long way to go
You guys, you're all so quiet!! I'm nearly ready for my move to the UK. Bags are packed, everything that needed sorting is pretty much sorted, so now all I've got to do is work for another two weeks and then we're off!

And then something crossed my mind. Something I've been having nightmares about every since I first thought of it. Driving on the left side of the road! How many of you have tried it and do you feel comfortable in traffic?

And how is everyone otherwise??
quote:rozehanddoek schreef op 19 april 2014 @ 18:16:

You guys, you're all so quiet!! I'm nearly ready for my move to the UK. Bags are packed, everything that needed sorting is pretty much sorted, so now all I've got to do is work for another two weeks and then we're off!

And then something crossed my mind. Something I've been having nightmares about every since I first thought of it. Driving on the left side of the road! How many of you have tried it and do you feel comfortable in traffic?

And how is everyone otherwise??

Kick, so we can stop being quiet!

I haven't tried it. Have lived here for almost 2 years, and still haven't driven on the wrong side of the road, although I do cycle. Cycling is quite easy after a first jitterbug in my legs, but am doing that regularly now, including the 35 minutes to and 40 minutes from work. The hills kill me though.

I am doing good, work is in a bit of a low period in terms of business so trying to get other things done like voting, finances and throwing out a cheeky job application for a promotion, although I don't expect to get that. It's still fun though and the work is interesting.

I am genuinely enjoying the good weather and have taken it as a sign to start cycling again and start taking a walk along the Thames during lunch. Am now trying to decide whether to cycle back or go by bus. If I do the latter I am forcing myself to walk to the station where my direct bus home goes, rather than taking a bus there.

Where in England do you live now, Rozehanddoek?

Dit is een oud topic. Het topic is daarom gesloten.
Maak een nieuw topic aan om verder praten over dit onderwerp.

Terug naar boven