English speaking Dutchies

10-03-2014 21:26 467 berichten
Alle reacties Link kopieren
For Dutchies who live in England or in any other English speaking country and for people who just like to speak the language.

All welcome.

There's tea and biscuits. Fish and chips, scones and pasties.

So far there are no native speakers, so mistakes will happen.

More than often in my case

Enjoy!
Okay, let's get this party started! UCchick, I don't know whether you'd already told us, but how on earth did you end up in London? I'm jealous!
quote:rozehanddoek schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 16:48:

Okay, let's get this party started! UCchick, I don't know whether you'd already told us, but how on earth did you end up in London? I'm jealous!

It was the Boyfriend.

He Lured me in.

And now I'm trapped! I was applying for jobs in the Netherlands, he is British, lived in London and showed me a similar job here, I applied, got it through some miraculous turn of events and despite making an utter fool of myself during the interview, and then I moved in with him.

O, and then a cat adopted us. So now I am trapped. Because we have a cat. And it is difficult to move houses in London, with pets. Darn.
Scamp, you live in England?

My english sucks
Leef je leven alsof het je laatste dag is
I've got a cat as well. She just moves everywhere with me. Pretty international, she is. You're lucky. London's a dream. I've always wanted to live there, it's just so bloody expensive!
quote:depressief schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 16:58:

Scamp, you live in England?

My english sucksYes, I've been living in England for almost 2 years now.
quote:rozehanddoek schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 17:10:

I've got a cat as well. She just moves everywhere with me. Pretty international, she is. You're lucky. London's a dream. I've always wanted to live there, it's just so bloody expensive!It is. It makes me sad every start and end of the month! But I can still afford to buy sushi for lunch every once in a while, so you know, all is well. I am having sushi now. Yummie.
Not a big fan of sushi, myself. Prefer a kebab. Already found the most amazing kebab shop over here.

Scamp, how are you doing? Haven't heard from anyone in a while, so lots of new things must've happened!
quote:rozehanddoek schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 17:15:

Not a big fan of sushi, myself. Prefer a kebab. Already found the most amazing kebab shop over here.

Scamp, how are you doing? Haven't heard from anyone in a while, so lots of new things must've happened!I only like Salmon sushi. And Itsu, this great sushi take away, does 3 Salmon rice thingies and 4 salmon avocado rice thingies for 4 pounds. Yummie. Have you started using the deals like 2 - for - 1 Wednesdays on Orange yet?
'lo!

Could I join you people? This topic is so much fun!
quote:Scamp schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 17:12:

[...]

Yes, I've been living in England for almost 2 years now.

Well. good for you.

In Londen or Kingston upon Hull?
Of course you may The more, the merrier!

I don't know about any deals. Please tell me all about them
quote:depressief schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 17:25:

[...]

Well. good for you.

In Londen or Kingston upon Hull?In London (notice the difference in spelling between Dutch and English!)
quote:rozehanddoek schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 17:26:

Of course you may The more, the merrier!

I don't know about any deals. Please tell me all about them

Right.

So, if you need to take out a phone contract, look for the extra's. Vodafone gives you spotify with some, for example. If you join Orange or EE you get Orange Wednesday's. This includes 2 for 1 cinema tickets, and 2 for 1 pizza and doughballs at pizza express, both on Wednesdays. The cinema tickets are especially worth it in London where single tickets are often aroun 13 pounds, though I don't know where you live.

To eat some healthy snacks, I buy graze boxes, which I get delivered to my door. I can send you some codes for a free box when I get my next ones. Every once in a while I cancel my deliveries for a while, and then they offer me 3 free boxes to get started again, or some half price, etc.

Superdrug has better deals than Boots for stuff like shampoo and cosmetics. I like Waitrose and Sainsbury's best when it comes to food.

Most restaurants have online codes that you can google if you already know you are going there with discounts. So if you print the code beforehand you get 10% off or something.
quote:UCchick1990 schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 17:32:

[...]

Superdrug has better deals than Boots for stuff like shampoo and cosmetics. I like Waitrose and Sainsbury's best when it comes to food.

In addition to that: places like Poundland and Cost Cutter often have good deals for cosmetics as well. They don't have all the brands you'll find at Superdrug, obviously, but they're good for shower gel, toothpaste, toilet paper, and other basics.
Oh, that sounds great! I am with EE. I've got Pay As You Go at the moment, but spent 10 quid in the first week of being here and I hardly made a call!!
quote:UCchick1990 schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 17:28:

[...]

In London (notice the difference in spelling between Dutch and English!)Oh, thanks bro
quote:rozehanddoek schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 17:36:

Oh, that sounds great! I am with EE. I've got Pay As You Go at the moment, but spent 10 quid in the first week of being here and I hardly made a call!!I'm on Orange and I have a 15 pound contract with I think 600 minutes and 100mb of data. I also am on the under 24 scheme, meaning I get an extra gig of data as well as free calls and texts to anyone else on Orange, so I never get close to spending my 600 mins...
quote:cerulli schreef op 14 mei 2014 @ 17:36:

[...]

In addition to that: places like Poundland and Cost Cutter often have good deals for cosmetics as well. They don't have all the brands you'll find at Superdrug, obviously, but they're good for shower gel, toothpaste, toilet paper, and other basics.Yup. Dishwasher tablets, they are the killers in expenses compared to the Kruidvat deals you can get in the Netherlands. As is washing detergent. I actually import those products from the Netherlands.
Oh cool, this topic is alive again.
What a nuanced anxiety
We're trying to resuscitate it
Hey its alive again

I've been driving since I lived here. My other half just threw me in the deep end , I think I've had 2 blonde moments where I turned into a street with no traffic either side and started driving on the right , I soon got beeped at.

Groupon is a good app to have they do some really good deals on day outs , restaurants etc.

Did you move near Weston Super Mare ?
Scamp, where in the UK do you live? And why did you move there?
I drove last week. It felt really weird and, being on the left side of the road, I wanted to be close to the kerb, as that's where you would be if you'd drive a car on the left in Holland. (Steering wheel on the other side..) And then I panicked, turned right somewhere and drove onto the kerb. Oops... Car's still in one piece though, and so are we. So in theory I did quite well.
quote:tejita schreef op 04 april 2014 @ 16:07:

[...]

Oh yes they're great with lots of mustard

Have you kissed your delivery man yet

Sorry I'm late I see. Well no. The teapot adventure was a disaster. And yet I have to look for another one. Wrong company with attitude and I had to wait weeks until I got my money back

The delivery man comes to my neighborhood very late and when I'm used to the delivery man, there is another And I doubt it very much that a young man liked to be kissed by a woman who is 51
Do you actually know your delivery man? Ours just comes to the door, shoves the mail through the letterbox and leaves

Dit is een oud topic. Het topic is daarom gesloten.
Maak een nieuw topic aan om verder praten over dit onderwerp.

Terug naar boven