Battling a swarm of fruit flies in your kitchen or bathroom? Get rid of them quickly with this simple, homemade trap:What You Need:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dish soap
- A jar or small bowl
What You Do:
1. Pour a cup of apple cider vinegar into a jar or small bowl.
2. Add a couple drops of dish soap to the jar.
3. Place in the area where you've seen the fruit flies, and wait for the trap to do its job.Why This Works:
Fruit flies are attracted to the smell of the vinegar, and will attempt to land on its surface. However, they're in for a surpise – since the dish soap breaks the surface tension of the vinegar, the fruit flies fall in and drown. Say good-bye to that annoying swarm!Benefits of Using Vinegar:
no harsh fumes
Tips and Warnings:
1) Keep out of the reach of children
2) A bottle with a small neck can also be used. (Plastic wrap isn't necessary, if you use this approach)
Azijn en Dreft dus